1. Ruth Allman, Alaska Sourdough: The Real Stuff By a Real Alaskan
2. Heron Oblivion, s/t (Sub Pop)
sample track: "Beneath Fields"
3. Meg Baird, Don’t Weigh Down the Light
sample track: "Back To You"
4. 45 Years (2015), dir. Haigh
5. Ben McGrath, "The Wayfarer: A Solitary Canoeist Meets His Fate," The New Yorker, December 14, 2015
6. Bob Dylan, John Birch Society Blues
sample track: "I'll Keep It With Mine"
7. Mustang (2015), dir. Ergüven
9. Guy Lawson, "An Insurance Salesman and a Doctor Walk Into a Bar, and End Up at the North Pole: The Story of an Accidentally Pioneering Expedition," The New York Times, March 17, 2016
10. DIIV, Is The Is Are (Captured Tracks)
sample track: "Mire (Grant's Song)"
p.s. R.I.P. Jim Harrison*
* My favourite part of the New York Times obituary: "All these ingredients [eating, drinking, drugging, and hobnobbing] were titanically encapsulated in a dinner Mr. Harrison once shared with Orson Welles, which involved, he wrote, 'a half-pound of beluga with a bottle of Stolichnaya, a salmon in sorrel sauce, sweetbreads en croûte, a miniature leg of lamb (the whole thing) with five wines, desserts, cheeses, ports' and a chaser of cocaine."